OK, first off, I am not a fan of the term “geriatric pregnancy”. It has negative connotations and I don’t think anyone aged 35 (or over) is geriatric anything. In fact, I am not a huge fan of the term “geriatric” in general even for our advanced aged friends. What I will tell you is that despite the recent article about Joanna Gaines feeling younger now that she’s had her 5th baby at age 40, I most definitely do NOT feel younger with a young infant at 44!
So, friends, I present to you the top 10 signs you *may* be experiencing a geriatric pregnancy or *may* be a geriatric parent. This list may or may not be from personal experience.
1) you’re late - are you pregnant or peri-menopausal? ?
2) you’re not sure if you should be visiting nursing homes or daycares, but both are appealing in different ways.
3) your knees creak when you’re trying to sneak out of the room when baby has finally fallen asleep -
4) whatamisaying? You don’t want to leave the room when baby’s asleep because you’re old and tired!
5) your kid starts school and everyone thinks you’re his grandmother
6) you need your reading glasses to trim baby’s fingernails
7) as you’re cleaning out baby’s outgrown clothes, you think “I’ll pass these on to my friends” and then realize it will be for your friends’ GRANDchildren.
8) you’re able to cash in your senior discount *and* kids eat free at your local Denny’s
9) you can now blame your bad back on babywearing, or bending over to change diapers, or carrying the carseat or any number of baby related tasks.
10) you have a new (wonderful!) reason for all your grey hair!
1/24/2023 06:21:18 am
Apprecciate this blog post
Leave a Reply.
Just Carrie wanting a space to write about being a mom to 2, boob nerd, military wife, and food enthusiast. But mainly a place to talk about boobs and babies!